TEAM LEADER – FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
The primary responsibility of this position will be to supervise the finance and accounting unit of the Tsunami Program in Banda Aceh and assist the Finance Coordinator in developing and improving procedures and processes.
· Ensure all payments made in the Tsunami Program are in compliance with CARE's policy and donor regulations. Reviewed the payment's validity, authority and completeness of supporting documents. Ensure payments to vendors are made within the vendor's credit term or within the set turnaround time.
· Ensure that tax exemptions are obtained by coordinating with the relevant units in CII and also by liaising with the tax office.
· Compile and collate project expenditure projections to produce a 3-month rolling cash flow projection based on inputs from project managers and heads of support units;
· Arrange for cash transfers from CII's Jakarta Headquarters and subsequent cash transfers to field offices;
· Ensure that all cash receipts are reviewed, verified, deposited with CARE's bank and recorded;
· Ensure that all bank statements are reconciled every month and discrepancies, if any, are followed up and cleared. In this connection, ensure that cash book and bank reconciliation are sent to CII's Jakarta headquarters every month.
· Ensure that all accounting treatments are in compliance with CARE's policy and donor regulations.
· Ensure timely recording of all cash and non-cash transactions with complete documentation. In this respect also ensure that all payables and accruals are settled in a timely manner.
· Ensure the integrity of the information in the financial systems (SCALA), including the updating of SCALA paramaters and setups (fund code, extended fund code, sub-analysis, validation, and access);
· Prepare and send monthly SCALA uploads and reports to CII's Jakarta Headquarters;
· Take the lead in managing outstanding project advances and receivables and in ensuring prompt settlements of advances and receivables. Send monthly progress reports of subledger to CII's Jakarta Headquarters.
· Organize the monthly balance sheet review meeting in Banda Aceh.
· Facilitate audits, both internal and external.
· Design and put in place a system that allows tracking and analysis of costs of house constructions.
· Work with other units (budgeting, donor reporting, procurement, supply chain and construction) to track and analyze construction costs.
· Staff supervision, training and development
· Mentoring, coaching and performance management of unit staff.
· Develop and monitor performance against unit responsibilities under the Annual Operating Plan of CII's Finance Department.
· University degree in Accounting.
· At least five years of working experience, three years of which are in finance and accounting.
· High level ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
· Ability to communicate in English both spoken and in writing.
· Ability to work within tight deadlines and in a multicultural setting.
· Ability to lead and mentor team members effectively.
· Attention to details, and numerical.
· Good leadership.
TERMS OF OFFER:
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae (not more than 200kb), with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and states the applied position in the email subject or on the left hand-side of the envelope.
Please submit your applications before August 20th, 2007 to
CARE International Indonesia - Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shorlisted"